Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Meet Sandy Sullivan/CONTEST

CONTEST: One lucky person who leaves a comment along with their email address, will be entered in to win a pdf copy of Love Me Once, Love Me Twice from Sandy. Contest runs till July 2nd with winner announced July 3rd on the blog.


Why don't you start us off by telling us how you discovered/decided you wanted to become a writer?

I've always been a storyteller. I used to make up things all the times as a kid. I've read romance novels since high school. My mom never really said much about me reading them so I devoured everything I could find. In 2008, I was between jobs and this story kept tapping at my brain so I sat down and wrote it. The book is titled Texas Lady. After several friends read it and told me I needed to get it published, I figured what the heck.

Do you have a favorite TV show you can't miss?
I rarely watch television these days, but one show I like is Ghost Hunters. I'm a sucker for ghosts.

What is your writing process? Do you outline, fly by the seat of your pants or a combination of both? All of my writing is done by the seat of my pants. I never outline, but sometimes I will write down the basics of a storyline if it comes to me. Never has an entire story smacked me in the face. It's usually bits and pieces.

So what is your latest or upcoming book about? Give us all the details behind this masterpiece. My last release was Before The Night Is Over (Montana Cowboys 2). It's the story about one of the characters in Montana Cowboys 1, Kale Dunn, and his road to happiness. He doesn't know which way to turn when he's confronted with an enticing red-head with a mean right hook. I'm currently working on the third of the series and it's called Two For The Price of One. I do have a couple of Cougar stories coming out in the meantime.

What are your thoughts on love scenes in romance novels, do you find them difficult to write? Sometimes they can be difficult for me. It depends on the mood I'm in. I know, that sounds kind of weird. I do have to have it quiet when I'm writing a love scene. Noise distracts me and it's noisy I'll mess up the feelings going on between the characters.

Who are some of your favorite authors, and if we were to visit your home, what books would we find on your bookshelf, end table, floor or e-reader? Some of those I read a lot of are Tonya Ramagos, Lily Graison, Delilah Devlin Lorelei James. If a book catches my eye, I'll read it so there aren't really any authors that are an autobuy for me.

If you could date any character from any book, who would it be and why? I can't think of anyone off hand. I fall in love with all of my heroes while I'm writing them. I feel like if I'm not in love with them, what is going to make my reader fall in love with them.

Could you tell us about any work-in-progress, current projects, what we can expect from you in the future? More cowboys, of course. LOL I have two Cougar stories coming with Secret Cravings Publishing's Hot Flash Series. One is Country Minded Cougar and it's about a woman who is a talent agent in
Nashville and she is one of the best. Her boss gives her a raw, new, but hot and sexy cowboy newcomer to mold. Being attracted to the younger man wasn't in her plans. The second one in the series is called Taming The Cougar and it's about a women who is in a bar with her daughter Andrea, and her daughter's friends to celebrate her upcoming wedding. After a few too many drinks, Marla finds herself in the arms of a much younger man, swaying to the music on the dance floor. Other than those, I have several WIP"s in various stages of completion.

A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be? The boring life of Sandy Sullivan. LOL I'm very much a hermit type person. I spend most days in front of the computer working on one thing or another. It's probably a good thing I have to go out and get groceries or I'd never leave the house.

Have you ever found that you didn’t like your Hero or your Heroine? If so, what did you do to change that? Sometimes, I guess. If I don't like one of the main characters at first, it's usually because the storyline has them being stupid, stubborn and rotten before they make us fall in love with them.

What do you do to unwind and relax?  Ride my horses, read and travel.

 Is there a genre you haven’t done that you would like to explore in the future? I wrote a small shifter piece last year and I think I'd like to do one of those, but I haven't done it yet. A couple of my fans are bugging me about writing a cowboy shifter who is a panther. LOL

W
hat was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? That there are people out there willing to pay to read what I've written. It still amazes me when someone sends me an email and tells me how much they enjoyed a book.

What is your favorite candy bar? I think a few but my all time favorite is Mounds.

When you looked in the mirror this morning, what was the first thing you thought? Ohmigod, what is up with that hair?

What is your favorite pizza? Canadian Bacon and pineapple or what the people is the south refer to as Ham and pineapple.

What genres and authors would we find you reading when taking a break from your own writing? I read cowboys. I love their stories and even though I write them, I like to read them. I also like BDSM stories and Cherise Sinclair is one of the best authors to do BDSM.

If I was a first time reader of your books, which one would you recommend I start with and why? Probably Wild Wyoming Nights (Wilder Series 1). It's got the hot cowboy, the feisty heroine, a little paranormal and a whole lot of hot action.

What else would you like readers to know about you or your work? A big question we authors get asked a lot is where do we find our inspiration. I know for me, I can find it in anything around me, people I see, a song I hear, etc. It's kind of cliché, but it's true.

Where to find Sandy Sullivan on the 'net:

Home. They say home is where the heart is, but can coming back to Red Rock, Montana really be home? Natalie Bennington is about to find out.

Finding herself in a blizzard and stuck in a ditch, the last person she expects to rescue her is gorgeous ex-high school jock, Cade Weston. His light brown hair and baby blue eyes had many a teenage girl all a twitter including her, but being the shy band girl didn't garner attention from his type. When Cade's best friend Kale, and ex-
football jock shows up, the stakes have just shot through the roof. Both men want her and she can't understand why.

Cowboy and all around good guy, Cade Weston is a born and raised Montana boy. Yes ma'am, no sir, hold the lady's chair, open her door—those things were ingrained in his upbringing, but every man likes a pretty woman.  Natalie Bennington has grown up into one gorgeous female and he can't get her out of his mind.

Kale Dunn can't get over the changes in the shy band girl he remembers from high-school. Natalie sure turned into one hot woman. All legs, gorgeous body and breasts big enough to fill a man's hands. Would she be willing to share? He and Cade liked to partake in threesome's on occasion, but from what he remembered of Natalie, he didn't think she'd be the type. Was he wrong?

Wined, dined and loved by two men. Can she make the decision to love only one or will their possessiveness drive her back to Oregon?


Small town America. Laurel Hayes, Homicide Detective from Los Angeles. What  the hell was she doing in Red Rock, Montana?

Trying to convince her sister Elizabeth it wasn't normal for a husband to beat the shit out of her until bruises and welts formed, she decides to take matters into her own hands and lay the man out flat in the middle of the local honky-tonk. What she wasn't prepared for was for devilishly handsome Kale Dunn to step into the fray.

The mass of red hair and big blue eyes stopped Kale in his tracks as he watched the gorgeous woman deck one of his ranch hands. When he heard her accuse the guy of abusing his wife, he couldn't help but admire her grit. Thoughts of harboring all her fiery passion in bed, keeps him in a constant state of arousal every time he runs into her.

Laurel is harboring her own wounds and he must decide whether he wants to attempt to overcome her mistrust of men and she has to decide whether she can put his past ménage with Cade and Natalie behind her.


Wild Wyoming Nights (Wilder Series 1) - www.bookstrand.com/sandy-sullivan.html

Abigail Carter lost her firefighter husband on September 11th. On a mission to heal her heart, she starts a new life in the prairies of Wyoming. Her neighbor, hunky rancher and quarter horse expert Chase Wilder, makes her heart race for the first time in years, but will she let him get close enough to warm the cold winter nights?
Chase rescues Abby from her overturned car in an accident similar to the one that took his wife. His dormant libido goes into overdrive when he looks into Abby's beautiful green eyes. Unfortunately, she's still struggling with her grief, and Chase doesn't want to push her. Can the two find a way to overcome the past and have a future together?

14 comments:

Pearl Haven said...

Looks like I'm adding Sany's books to my summer read list! Thanks! Great interview...whet my appetite for the erotic :)

DarleneLF said...

Great interview, Sandy! I'm reading my first cowboy/western story now and would love to add yours to my TBR pile.

Dawn R. said...

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for being my guest today. I have to read your books. Love the sound of them. :)

Sandy Sullivan said...

Thanks for the great comments ladies. Hot cowboys are my thing so check them out. So many cowboys, so little time. LOL

~ Sandy

Brandi Quick said...

Considering our genre why isn’t Two and A Half Men your favorite TV show?
Jack

Daisy Dunn said...

Who doesn't love a hot cowboy??? You are on my TBR list. Can't wait to get to them :)
Daisy Dunn

Nicholas Genovese said...

Great interview Sandy. I love the cover on Before the Night is Over. Waht a sexy woman.
Nick

Barbara Westbrook said...

Great interview, Sandy. Gotta love those cowboys!

Pommawolf Emeraldwolfeyes said...

Hi Dawn..and thank you for having Sandy!
Sandy we like many of the same things. Cowboys, horses, Cherise Sinclair and especially the pizza...*S*
Loved Montana Cowboys 1 , and have before the Night is Over, on my wishlist.
Wishing you all the best and thank you for the contest!

Darcy

pommawolf @hotmail.com

Sandy Sullivan said...

Thank you all for visiting.

Can't say two and a half men are on my list of things to watch. LOL Now having two men, might be.

I love hearing from readers so please feel free to email me, too, at sandysullivan@romancestorytime.com and I look forward to your feedback on my cowboys. They hold such a special place in my heart.

~ Sandy

Kellie Kamryn said...

Your books sound great! I also feel like I've got to be in love with my heroes or else it won't come through to readers. That's the great thing about being a writer - we get to fall in love over and over again!!

Wishing you much continued success!

Sandy Sullivan said...

Thanks Kellie. I appreciate you leaving a comment and stopping by.

~ Sandy

Chele Blades said...

i have had this in my to be purchased folder for awhile...i will get there

loved the Wilder Series...read & reread often

seachele71@hotmail.com

Sandy Sullivan said...

Thank you for your lovely comments, Chele. I'm glad you enjoyed the Wilder series so much to reread it. I love those guys too. :-)

~ Sandy

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...