Sunday, June 18, 2017

Book Review- Can't Buy Me Love by Marie Force

A delightful story of a silver fox and a spunky lady who steals his heart. I can't wait to return to Butler, VT and the Abbott family and their friends.

My Rating for Can't Buy Me Love: 5 Stars and a recommended read

Mary Larkin never anticipated meeting a man like Patrick Murphy. Someone who is rich, powerful and is totally out of her league. But Mary is smitten and after months of long conversations about everything under the sun, it’s time for these two opposites to meet for a weekend away. What Mary doesn’t seem to get is Patrick is equally smitten with her as we she is with him. Sparks fly between these two as they keep their burgeoning relationship under wraps, Mary tries to figure out how a relationship with this man can work with him in NYC and her in tiny small town of Butler, VT. But Patrick is nothing if not determined to win Mary’s affections and her heart, even as he falls hard for the spunky woman who has stolen his heart.

Oh my what a great addition to the Green Mountain/Butler, VT series. I adored meeting Patrick Murphy in Cam’s story, All You Need is Love, and the handsome man just stole my heart in CAN’T BUY ME LOVE. His wooing of Mary is sweet and sexy as sin and those sexy scenes are so hot I had to go cool myself off in front of a fan before I dragged the honey off somewhere. Marie Force is a talented author who just brought Patrick and Mary to life in their story, CAN’T BUY ME LOVE and delivered a story that is at turns heartfelt, sexy and so sweet I was either laughing, smiling or blushing like mad. This is an author who knows how to steal her readers’ hearts within minutes of reading any of her books and she doesn’t stint in her second book in the Butler, VT. Series at all.

Patrick is suave, sexy and so determined to win his ‘sweet Mary’ that he’ll do anything she asks just to give her the time she needs to come to gripes that he is all in and has fallen in love with her. For Mary, Patrick is like a whirlwind in her staid, quiet life in Butler but she cannot help but be charmed by him each time she talks with him. I adore these two together. The sparks fly off the charts between them and I was fanning the face more times I could count while reading this latest addition to the Butler/Green Mountain Series. The scenes where Patrick is showing not just telling her how he feels about her is so sweet and stole my heart alongside Mary’s. Ms. Force is a talented author who manages to convey Mary’s hesitations and doubts in a lasting relationship with suave and wealthy Patrick so seamlessly that I was rooting for these two to find a way to be together after chapter one. The scenes with the rest of the Abbott clan and Patrick’s daughter, Cameron were wonderful and I loved seeing my favorite people as well as the town moose, Fred, who made an appearance later in the book to my utter delight.

CAN’T BUY ME LOVE is a wonderful, well written book that just charms you right from the start as it steals your heart. I loved going back to this wonderful little town filled with people I long to meet for coffee or chat with. Ms. Force does a superb job in her second book in the Butler series that I am anxiously awaiting the next one with bated breath. If you haven’t read this series you need to run-not walk- to grab the first book, All You Need is Love, and get ready for the ride of a lifetime as you meet and fall in love with the Abbott clan and the residents of Butler, Vermont. I look forward to seeing where Ms. Force goes with this series in the future.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement

Find Can't Buy Me Love at Amazon

Butler, VT Series (spin-off of Green Mountain Series):

Book 2: Can't Buy Me Love

Green Mountain Series in order:

Book 1: All You Need is Love
Book 2: I Want to Hold Your Hand 
Book 3: I Saw Her Standing There
Book 4: And I Love You
Book 5: It's Love, Only Love
Book 6: Ain't She Sweet



No comments:

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...