Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Book Review-The Talker Collection by Amy Lane

I haven't had the pleasure of reading nay of Amy Lane's books before this one but after reading about Talker and Brian, I am getting ready to explore more by this author. Wonderfully written, captivating characters and I fell in love with these two. I bet so will you!


My rating for The Talker Collection: 5 Stars and a recommended read


Meet Brian Cooper and Tate ‘Talker’ Walker. Teammates on the track team and all it took for their friendship to begin were a lone seat by Brian and the fact that both Brian and Talker needed one another. Friendship continues even as both go off to college, life throwing them curveballs even as they navigate this thing called life. For friendship that turns to love, life is not a smooth ride for these two. One will learn to speak up; the other will have to learn to listen. Both Brian and Talker will find that in order to get their own happily ever after, they need to trust in themselves as well as in each other.
 
I had a feeling I am going to need to explore her backlist for more books to explore after I finished the first book, Talker, in this collection. I got to admit, I fell in love with both Talker and Brian. Amy Lane has such a wonderful way with words and in this collection there is three stories centered on these two characters. In each story the characters grow and learn and find their way in a world they are leery of. The writing is tight, characters grow with each story and the reader just can not get enough of Brian or Talker. I loved how these two met and became fast friends. Amy Lane is a masteful storyteller as she lets these two main characters take center stage and show the reader how their lives take turns they are not expecting. The emotions you experience through this collection runs the gauntlet-you laugh, cry, smile, hate and worry even as the love that grows between these two amazing characters steals your heart.

I fell for these two characters right off the bat. Both were sensitive young men and they clicked with one another. Friendship, love, and more follows as the reader is drawn into their stories in Talker, Talker’s Redemption and Talker’s Graduation. There were some wonderful secondary characters that helped move the story along at times but overall this was all about Brian, Talker and their journey to their own happily ever after.

Amy Lane is a talented and masterful storyteller who can deliver angst filled stories and give them a heart. I am eager to explore other Amy Lane books in the future and can’t wait to see what else this author has in store for her readers. 

This collection is more than two people falling in love after finding one another. It’s about finding yourself in a world that has hurt you, beaten you down and tried to drown you in despair. For Talker and Brian, these two characters should have been down and out for the count over all that was done to them in their young life but Amy Lane shows how strong they really are even as life decides to toss a few more bombs their way. The growth of these two characters is wonderful to behold and when we see that final chapter between these beloved characters…well let me just say tears were flowing and a smile was on my face. 

You can find the Talker Collection in PRINT only at Dreamspinner Press though you can get the individual stories in E-book


2 comments:

Amy Lane said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Dawn-- I was hoping that when read together the three novellas would form one cohesive piece. I'm so glad they did!

Unknown said...

OK I am sold, I have been on the fence with these novella's but you have me convinced they are worth it.

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...