Friday, December 11, 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow

You know, I grew up around the great lakes in Western NY and since moving back here, I just can not get warm anaymore. Maybe it has to do with me living down south for many years and being used to the weather down there. No idea but when this huge moster winter storm hit us late Wednesday this week, I buckled down and hoped I wouldn't lose power. Yesterday was the worst- 60 MPH winds whipping over a foot of snow all over, drifts close to a foot high and nothing plowed until it was done. All said and done, we got almost 2 feet of snow and the southern tier part of NY (near PA border) is getting pounded with up to 18 more inches of the white stuff.

I heard snowmobilers and skiers this morning and I just read several ski places opened up with smiles and cheers. The kids have another snow day so they are geting a four day weekend. :) DH shoveled out the car after the snow plow guy buried it after plowing the driveway and was able to get to work in reasonable amount of time today.

Now the question is- will I be able to get out this weekend to go do some major grocery shopping nad Christmas shopping? With only 2 weeks left till Christmas, I am running on panic now.

I hope to get some snow pictures this afternoon to share with y'all.

So any ideas what to do with kids to keep them occupied while snow bound?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No ideas, but what brought you back to NY after living in the south? LOL

DawnsReadingNook said...

Well I left my ex husband and moved back home to lick my wounds with my two kids. :) I had family here and they helped me get back on my feet with the kids. I keep forgettinghow cold it gets here being so close to Canada. *grins*

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...